Self Drafted Toddler Leggings

Well I have long skinny mini kiddos!  This makes it difficult with a lot of sewing patterns… even the good ones being wide.  Well for a while I have been wanting to make the girls a bunch of basic leggings to layer with skirts, dresses, jumpers & pinafores.   So I dug out one of my favorite Ottobre’s (4/2004) that has both toddler & girls leggings in it, this issue is worth having for all the basics.  Anyways I opened it up to trace it & decided to put a pair of their good fitting leggings next to it to see what I would get!  To my disappointment it wasn’t the leggings pattern I was looking for cause the legs were wide and looser then I was looking for. I wanted nice fitted leggings made with fabrics with lots of stretch! So I decided what the heck & winged it!  I considered tracing & modifying the Ottobre pattern but it needed so much that it wasn’t worth it.  Anyways 30 minutes of drawing, cutting & sewing later I have 2 pairs of great fitting leggings!  Just what I wanted :) though I did this at 11 at night, so I had to wait ’til morning to try them out.  I now plan on making a some flared yoga style leggings as well, cause I think they are just too stinking cute! Well enough of the chatting, time for the action shots!

Baylie Carlie

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

13 Responses to “Self Drafted Toddler Leggings”

1. Kristen August 22, 2008 at 8:52 am #4654

Can you email me your pattern please? It would be so helpful. I have having the same trouble finding them for my daughter.

2. Gillianne Roberts October 13, 2008 at 10:09 am #4655

I am having the same problem finding a pattern for my nieces. Can you email me the pattern as well?

3. janet strimlan December 6, 2008 at 5:38 pm #4656

would love to have you email me the pattern as well

4. Cushla Majendie January 4, 2009 at 3:46 am #4657

Hi there, Can you please e-mail me the pattern, i am trying to make these for my niece

5. Jane February 2, 2009 at 12:36 pm #4658

This is so great! WOuld you mind emailing the pattern to me? My granddaughter is tall and thin, and the pants I make for her just swallow her. I would SO appreciate your pattern!

6. MARIAN WINDSOR COOPER February 24, 2009 at 3:12 am #4659

What a cute little girl! And her pants look beautiful on her! You did a really good job.

Could I ask you to email the pattern to me please?

With thanks.

Marian

7. holly April 1, 2009 at 2:35 pm #4660

what a wkd pair of strydes can you email me the pattern please with thanks

8. Amanda April 24, 2009 at 6:57 pm #4661

I have been scouring the internet to find a leggings pattern! Is it available for email? Thanks!!

9. Jessica October 7, 2009 at 8:57 pm #4662

Could you email me the pattern too please?!

10. Judy October 18, 2009 at 8:54 pm #4663

Hi, I’ve been looking for a leggings pattern to make my granddaughter a pair to go with a dress I am making. I would love it if you could email the pattern to me.

Thank you!

Judy

• Kymy October 18, 2009 at 9:04 pm #4664

I’m sorry I don’t have this pattern available to share. Though I would love to, I just haven’t found time to turn these patterns into .pdf’s

11. Kristy November 16, 2010 at 12:34 pm #4665

I would love the pattern as well, if you don’t mind? Maybe you should just post it here to download. Thanks so much. They look so cute!!

K

• Kymy November 16, 2010 at 12:43 pm #4666

Sorry I don’t have the time to draft up a pattern/tutorial to share for this right now. If it was simple I would but with sizing & what not it is much more involved. Sorry!