Callie’s Nightgown & Nightshirt
Women’s Misses & Plus Sizes XS-5X
Callie’s nightgown and nightshirt pattern came about after fellow moms fell in love with my Riley’s youth version. This raglan sleepwear is inspired by some of the sports t-shirts of my husband’s, that my children and I love to wear to bed. It has two length options: a longer, more traditional length gown that hits right below the knee and a shorter, and comfy long shirt that hits about mid thigh. There is also the option of either long, 3/4 length or short sleeves. The hem facings give a clean, finished look, with a peek-a-boo hem. It is practical comfortable, but still cute with the curved hem & slits on the sides. This women’s nightgown and nightshirt pattern offers 10 sizes: Misses XS-XL and Plus Sizes 1X-5X.
Make sure to read the directions BEFORE printing off all the pages.
Additional directions are NOT included, but you could mix it up by using lace underwear elastic for the neckline, add a contrasting cuff to the sleeve or use contrasting knit binding or a rolled hem to finish the bottom hem instead of the hem facings.
This pattern is includes a ebook .PDF file with 17 pages of instructions, photos & diagrams. It also includes 54 professionally digitized pages in the same file & page print guide that you assemble to make the full sizes pieces (18-21 pages per size group/view). My easy no trimming method makes the pattern assembly a breeze!
SKILL LEVEL: Confident Beginner
- Misses: XS, S, M, L, XL
- Women’s Plus Size 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x
- See chart for more detailed sizing information & measurements.
- 2-3.25 yards of 60″+ wide PREWASHED Knit fabric with 50% or more stretch.
- 1/3 yd Cotton Lycra (spandex) jersey or rib knit with at least 75%+ stretch for neck binding & hem facing (4″ stretches to 7″)
- Washable Marker (or other tracing tool)
- Printer, Paper and Tape (for pattern pieces)
- Roll of tracing paper, freezer paper, parchment paper or cheap interfacing and pen
- Iron , Hem Gauge or ruler to measure hems
- Sewing Machine with a Ball Point Needle
- OPITIONAL: Twin needle for the Hem
Leave a Reply