Easter Egg Hunt! (& Dresses)

Yesterday I decided to make tester dresses for the twins Easter dresses!  They turned out so cute they may just wear these ones instead! The pattern is the ‘Miss Mary’ dress from You Can Make This.  I made view  A I think (the one with the gathered skirt!) and instead of making the ties with fabric, I bought 3 yards of coordinating 1″ ribbon (for each dress)!   I think I MIGHT have spent 3 hours total on both of the dresses.  I was also able to get the outer of the dress cut out of 1 yard.  These dresses are a size 3 & I think I could do it with a 4 too as long as the fabric doesn’t shrink more then 2″.

Time for pictures!!!  The fabric is “Ribbon Dance” a Stonehill Collection by Donna Wilder for Fabric Traditions.  I got it on sale at JoAnns.  We went to an early Easter egg hunt today & everyone had to stop & comment on their dresses :).  Their shoes don’t really match, but it’s not warm enough to wear open toed sandals in the thick grass around here so they wore their black ‘princess shoes’ instead. Baylie is in purple & Carlie in pink :) I even managed to get a few pictures of Zander to!!!

We were a little early so we checked out the farm & garden store!

Carlie wasn’t has happy to have her pic taken!

Egg hunt time!

Finally the candy scramble :) they all loved this.

The twins weren’t afraid to get into the thick of it!

Baylie was serious & I kept having to tell her to not toss the hay, just push it.

Zander wouldn’t waste time by looking at the camera!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

13 Responses to “Easter Egg Hunt! (& Dresses)”

1. Janice Padilla March 20, 2010 at 4:24 pm #5401

Are you kidding me? These are “tester” dresses???? They are PRECIOUS !!!! And all three children are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!!

2. Lisa Hehr March 20, 2010 at 5:16 pm #5402

Gorgeous fabric for the dresses :) BUt holy, I cant believe the grass!! I live in Northern Alberta, Canada and we wont have grass like that for a good 2 or 3 months!! LOL The snow will maybe be gone by mid April, maybe… Have a fun easter! (not warm enough….funny haha. Last easter our kids were in their winter coats and rubber boots outside)

3. Lisa Hehr March 20, 2010 at 5:17 pm #5403

PS – thats a great idea to hide stuff in a pile of straw…I think we will steal it. Thanks!

• Kymy March 20, 2010 at 8:52 pm #5406

When I was little the gun club had an egg hunt… they had a jar that people put coins in all year, then after the egg hunt they would have a coin scramble just like this but with money instead! A few times I walked out with between $10-$20!

• Jessica March 24, 2010 at 9:31 am #5409

hehehe, i miss doing that! Do they still do their egg hunt? Sadly I work on easter though…gah

• Kymy March 24, 2010 at 9:42 am #5410

There are 3 or 4 big ones on the south end now. I think there may be one on the 27th in Clinton.

4. Dusty March 20, 2010 at 5:45 pm #5404

Very cute! I have some of that purple print to make a bias-cut skirt for myself. i love it!

5. Jennifer March 20, 2010 at 7:32 pm #5405

Those dresses are absolutely adorable! I’m going to look up the pattern right now. Great job!

6. Su March 23, 2010 at 6:34 am #5407

Fabulous job! I never think of using such big prints for such little girls, but they look great.

• Kymy March 23, 2010 at 9:06 am #5408

I love using bigger prints on little girls :).

7. Michal March 24, 2010 at 8:48 pm #5411

what a lovely fabric, adorable kids and adorable outfits. The pictures are also great!!!

8. Mama Lusco March 30, 2010 at 11:01 am #5412

These are great! I’ve been eyeing that pattern, as I love all the Handmade Dress patterns and don’t have that one yet. Thanks for sharing!

9. robina April 1, 2010 at 11:38 pm #5413

ur kids r soooo cute and i love the dresses i will make for my daughters too