I made a similar apron for a secret sister gift swap with some of my good friends. I knew I wanted to make her an apron, but also know shes busty which generally means half aprons look best. So after doing some searching I decided to just wing it & try out an idea in my head… GREAT idea.
Anyways after I made the first one I KNEW I had to have one for myself & I knew exactly what fabric I had to have. I have been waiting the last 2 days to make it cause I knew I had a stash game coming for Sewing Mamas so at 12:30 at night (yes it was after midnight… but the game started at 12:01 & I was up so I HAD to make something lol).
Because of the way I did the waist band… like over sized bias tape it used a LOT of yardage. I also made the straps long so it can be tied in front or in back (a kick I am on lately). Even though it uses more fabric I will probably continue to make the straps this was as its the fastest… easiest to attach & makes for a strong tie. I am considering having a pattern printed to put on etsy, but honestly I don’t even know if there would be interest!
Anyways it used 2/3 yard of the Micheal Miller Aqua/Brown Paisley & 2/3 yard of the matching Micheal Miller brown & then about 12″ of matching bias tape. I was gonna put a label in but forgot, oh well! I got a total of +12 points for it too which is just icing on the cake.
Enough talk… here it is… they aren’t the best pics cause I finished at 1:30 in the morning & just wanted to get to bed 🙂 I promise to post more later.