I fell in love with this pattern when I made myself this one last year. I have been meaning to make more, but it can get costly using 3 3/4 yards of fabric for each apron! SO I decided to finally tackle modifying the Emmeline Apron pattern it to be a single layer instead! I must say I am very pleased with the results!
The biggest difference in the look is I did not continue the neck strap down to the empire seam & I just did a one piece halter strap instead of halter ties, so the neck strap just slips over the head, no ties needed! By doing this I was able to use only 1 1/2 yards of fabric, and I probably only need 1 1/3 next time since I know what I am doing now! It did take about 20 minutes longer to assemble, but it cost so much less to make it, it was worth it. I took pictures of the process & when I have more time I will try & post a tutorial (I know I have a bunch I need to post!). Though it is slightly different it keeps the look of the Emmeline.
This apron is to donate to a local animal charity’s annual auction. The fabric was purchased from one of their thrift stores so that it profited them in yet another way!
Enough chat, time for the picture (this was taken before I finished the bottom hem.)