So after nearly 2 months of a sewing slump & tons of silly mistakes I finally finished SOMETHING!!!!
Back in the first week of Oct we got the monthly preschool calendar… I noticed that Halloween week they would be talking about imagination & play with the dress-up box. I decided to ask the teacher if they could use anything in particular for it & she said they could really use some boy stuff!
So I decided to use a bit of the of fleece I have to make up a few superhero sets. I didn’t have any Velcro & we no longer have a fabric shop (only a quilt shop that is strictly fabric, thread, bias tape & quilting patterns) so I had to use bias tape that I had on hand for ties instead but I plan to fix them next week when they won’t need them those days.
The cape itself is just a piece of white fleece… then I cut out the letters & masks from sheets of felt. The letters I just appliqued on stitching a 1/4″ from the edge of the letter. Then I put the bias tape on the neck! For the masks I just made a small slit on each side & used a piece of elastic thread tied onto it to keep it on. I will try to post a tutorial on my blog later this week.
The funny thing is I just did ABC in primary colors for preschool… well they are also the first letters of my kids names! I tried them on & all 3 of them LOVED them and were ‘flying’ around the house doing superhero stuff. So I will be making more this weekend!
Anyways here ya go, I could only get Zander (A for Alexander) to stay still long enough for pictures. I also took a pic of all 3 of them together.