One more complicated technique that IS covered is a continuous bound placket otherwise known as a dress placket. If there are techniques you would like more information on you may visit the blog at the top of this page.
SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate
Basic Skills Necessary:
- Finishing Seams
- Infants: Newborn, 0-3m, 3-6m, 6-9m, 9-12m
- Toddlers: 12-18m, 18-24m, 2T, 3T, 4T
- See chart for more detailed sizing information & measurements.
- Woven Fabric (see photo yardage chart)
- Sewing Machine
- Iron , Hem Gauge & Ruler
- Size 14 machine needle
- Washable Marker (or other tracing tool)
- Scissors, Coordinating Thread, Pins
- Printer, Paper & Tape (for pattern pieces)
- Roll of tracing paper, freezer paper, parchment paper or cheap interfacing & pen
- OPTIONAL: Rolled hem foot or serger
You Will Also Need:
- 1/2 yard 1″ elastic (High waisted skirt only)
- 7″ Double Fold Bias Tape for dress placket
- OPTIONAL 2 yards of wide ribbon in place of fabric sash
- OPTIONAL: 12-15 yards of bias tape or lace to hem FLOUNCES.
- OPTIONAL: 5 yards of bias tape to finish seams.